January 19, 2015

Blonde Hair Don't Care

Confessions from a semi-fake blonde...
**Note - some products are applicable for brunettes, red heads and all the colors in between!

I'm what is considered a natural blonde, but as others with similar hair face, my hair has seemed to darken with age. Oh how I long for my toddler days when my hair was almost platinum. In an effort to keep my hair its golden color, I do get partial highlights. However, living on a budget and a busy schedule do not allow for regular monthly colorings or the necessary regular cuts (and I am not the type to color my hair myself or use something out of a box - I'll leave my hair care to the trained professionals). Thus, I have several products that I use daily (or weekly) to help keep my hair healthy and as light and blonde as possible for as long as possible. Check out my top five favorite hair care products for strong, healthy hair (colored or not)!

1. Shampoo/Conditioner - Joico K-PAK Color Therapy: I use this shampoo and conditioner once a day. I am trying to spread my hair washes out to every other day to help with hair growth and strength, but find myself washing every day more so than not. This shampoo and conditioner is great for colored hair because it contains advanced Quadraßond Peptide Complex® of peptides to help keep color vibrant and hair moisturized and healthy.

2. Mousse - Big Sexy Hair Root Pump: This product comes out as a spray and turns to a mousse, helping to get the product straight to the root. I apply to damp hair and blow dry with a round brush for maximum lift. I like this product because it gives my hair the texture it needs without making it too sticky. 

3. Color Extender - Blonde Idol Custom Tone Conditioner by Redken: This is a great way for blondes to extend their color in between touchups. Use it starting a week after your color treatment and adjust the dial based on the strength of the color deposit you need. This helps neutralize brassiness and condition hair after a color treatment. 

4. Moroccan Oil: My Moroccan Oil actually comes straight from Morocco, but you can get your own right here in the states. I apply to the ends of my hair after towel drying. I have to be careful to only use a very small, dime sized amount to avoid an oily look. This product helps condition split ends and can also help tame fly aways. 

5. Repair Treatment - SeaExtend Ultimate ColorCare Silkening Oil by Aquage: This stuff is amazing. I use it once every week or two to help restore nutrients to my hair. This helps build stronger, more moisturized hair. The product uses advanced technology to mend the hair at the cuticle for smooth, healthy hair that lasts. 



1 comment:

  1. I would recommend color extenders to anyone who dyes their hair, instead of reapplying the dye every time it starts to fade or when the roots start to grow. It's also a healthier alternative to avoid wearing out the strands of your hair. Anyway, thanks for sharing your routine with us, Carolina! Stay gorgeous!

    Collene Puterbaugh @ Baja Hair Center

    ReplyDelete