November 17, 2014

Monday Musing


I recently came across this photo on Pinterest and it immediately caught my eye. The truth behind the statement was exactly what I needed this month! Any of y'all feel the same way?

As we near the end of this year, I've started to think about what I want 2015 to mean. When I reflect on 2014, four things come to mind: it was a year of commencement, lifestyle change, uncertainty and hope. All of those things wrapped in one big year-long bundle. 

Although the past few months have brought their changes, lately I've felt more of being stuck in a routine - doing the same thing, day-in and day-out. As I get more accustomed to life in Birmingham, living far away from my parents, and my job, it's been easy to get back into a rut. I've learned I have to remind myself daily to take on new challenges and not be afraid of risks. Those risks help make you who you are. 2014 was full of risks for me, and I stand by those decisions I made - whether they felt good or "comfortable" at the time.

It's true, old ways won't open new doors. You have to seek them. You can't reach your goals by doing the status quo. You have to take on new challenges, new responsibilities and pursue those dreams you've always wanted to see come to fruition. 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." - 2 Corinthians 5:17


No comments:

Post a Comment