July 30, 2014

A Nashville Getaway

To celebrate Katie's birthday, we're headed north to another one of my favorite Southern cities, Nashville, Tennessee. Music City is only about a three hour drive from Birmingham, so we knew it was the perfect place to go for a weekend of birthday celebration. Our friend from UNC and Katie's childhood best friend, Katie, is coming down tomorrow to meet us for the weekend, and our new friend from Birmingham, Alex, is coming too - we can't wait.


Although we're mainly playing the weekend by ear, we do have a couple places to hit on our itinerary while we're in Nashville. (You guessed it, particularly surrounding food and drink). Here's what's in my suitcase so far, although the over-packer that I am will probably load my car full of clothes I won't wear! 

Broadway.

For a night out, I'm pairing my black romper with cowboy boots and a gold necklace.


Coffee at Fido.

Fido is a must stop for me whenever I go to Nashville. I've heard that you can often spot country musicians here grabbing a coffee for the road or songwriters sitting in the back working on lyrics. Crossing my fingers I spot one this trip!

Jean shorts, J.Crew tee, a summer scarf and sandals.


Drinks + Appetizers at Pinewood Social.

Although I've never been, I've heard Pinewood Social is a hotspot that I have to try. So, to celebrate Katie turning 22, we're going out for early drinks and appetizers.

Anthropologie black tank, Zara lace shorts, Kendra Scott necklace and tan wedges.


Brunch at Husk / Country Music Hall of Fame / Live Music at The Bluebird Cafe.

No Nashville trip is complete without brunch at Husk. Don't be surprised if you see a picture of my food over social media. I'm a little obsessed with their brunch. We're also going to try to see if we can grab a spot at The Bluebird for Sunday's songwriter night. Wish us luck!

White shorts and embellished top.


Although we only have a couple days to spend in the city, I'm still determined to someday hit all the spots on this list from Southern Living

2 comments:

  1. Hope you all have a blast!!!! Enjoy the music and good food:)))
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete