July 21, 2014

Morning Person



For this week's Monday Musing, I'm going to talk a little bit of my favorite time of day - the morning.

As much as I would love to have breakfast in bed every day, or watch the entirety of the Today Show while sipping on endless amount of coffee, that's not exactly realistic. However, I do wake up early enough to relax and have a cup of coffee or two before I start getting ready for the day. Even when I lived in my sorority house for two years, I was always one of the first people up in the house (out of 34 girls!), and I loved it. There's just something about starting my day off with time to myself that leaves me feeling productive for the rest of the day.

I guess my love for waking up early came from my dad. We are both so similar when it comes to wanting to start our day in a peaceful state, not feeling rushed to get out the door. We both love quiet time, when no else is awake. Growing up, I would always come downstairs and find my dad reading Scripture with our sweet dog by his side - before my brothers and I hurried off to get to school. That memory of him will always remain with me, and I think it's one of the reasons why I am so passionate about having that sweet time each day.

So how do I spend my morning? Turn on the coffee pot, browse my favorite blogs, read a passage in Jesus Calling - that is usually my routine. Some days I read, some days I write, some days I turn on the news. But one thing is definite, I cherish the beautiful, quiet time of day that is morning.


Photo via The Short and the Sweet of It

No comments:

Post a Comment