July 17, 2014

Summer Beauty Buys

About midway through college, my beauty routine began to change. I started to become more aware of how to take better care of my skin, and the products I was using regularly matured quite a bit. The summer months can be especially hard on your skin, between the all the sun and chlorine, and it's important to keep up a daily beauty routine even if you aren't wearing a lot of makeup during this season. Now that I'm working full-time, I can't slack off in the beauty department, as I need to look fresh-faced and put together the whole workday. I'm not a beauty connoisseur by any means, but I do have a list of my summer can't-live-without beauty buys!

Face:

1. Neutrogena Clear Face Suncreen SPF 30. This product is weightless and has a matte finish, so you can put it under your foundation without looking greasy. It also keeps skin clear of breakouts, which can be a problem with all the summer's heat and humidity. Although I do love the tan I get in the summer, I've made a promise to myself to wear face sunscreen everyday to save the headache of skin problems later.

2. Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream. I swear by this stuff. I got a sample about a year ago, and ever since, I am consistent about using it every week. The exfoliating cream deflakes and refines skin, making it smoother and easier to apply products afterward.

3. BareMinerals Mineral Veil in Original. I've been wearing this over my makeup for years, and it's definitely a product that I can't go without in the summer. Not only does it help my makeup stay put, it minimizes shine and gives me a soft matte finish. I keep this in my purse so that I have a quick way to touch-up my makeup mid-day.

Wearing Bobbi Brown Pink No. 6
Eyes:

4. Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream. This is a must for dark circles and tired eyes. I put this on right after I moisturize my face in the morning, and underneath my eyes feels so much firmer and looks brighter. It's especially a lifesaver when I don't get a good night's sleep!

5. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara. Hands down, this is my favorite drugstore buy. This mascara is clump-free and smudge-proof and really amps up the volume of your lashes. Also, I love that this mascara always applies clean and distributes evenly. At $9 a tube, it's a steal for a good waterproof mascara.

Lips:

6. Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Pink No. 6. This was actually an impulse buy that I bought for my sorority's formal, and now it's one of my favorite lipsticks I own. It's bright, but just the right shade when you want color. I'm not a fan of anything with shimmer, and this lipstick leaves my lips matte, yet holds moisture. It stays on all night too, which in my book, is perfection.

Cheeks:

7. Smashbox Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte. A good friend introduced this product to me, and I fell in love! It actually comes in two shades, sunkissed and suntan, so I switch shades between the summer and winter. This bronzer goes on smooth, looks natural and gives you a healthy glow that's not over-the-top.

Nails:

8. Essie Nail Polish in Ballet Slippers. Although I do love bright coral nails in the summer, I'm still a neutral girl when it comes to polishes. This color looks beautiful on tan skin, and if you're working like me, it's a great staple that will match anything in your closet. My tip: apply a top coat every couple days to make the polish last all week and keep from chipping.

Hair:

9. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hair Spray. There's two reasons why I love this product. First, it keeps my hair tame in the Alabama humidity with its firm hold, yet doesn't weigh my hair down. Second, it actually does help in volumizing hair and keeping my hair from feeling flat.

10. Pantene Smooth Argan Serum. I put this on my hair right after I get out of the shower, and I can really notice a difference when I blow dry. It's lightweight, smells good and keeps my hair smooth and shiny all day. Take that, Alabama humidity.

1 comment: