July 27, 2014

Guest Post: The Style Hunter

Today we're so happy to welcome Emily Fogarty of The Style Hunter. Emily is a friend of Julie's who she met while interning in Savannah, Georgia last summer, and turns out, Emily is a blogger with an affinity for all things fashion. We love Emily's style and use of textures, patterns and sparkle, as well as her mix of fashion finds both high-end and budget friendly.

We're swooning over her outfit in today's post. Be sure to stop by Emily's blog too - we know y'all will adore it just as much as we do.







Top: Anthropologie Jeans: Old Navy Shoes: No clue (similar) Clutch: GiGi NewYork 
Necklace: BaubleBar (similar) Sunnies: Guess (similar)
Nails: Essie Fruit Sangria (The Style Hunter shade)

Few things make me genuinely, incredibly excited. 

--A huge glass of sweet tea, after I haven't had it in a long time.

--When I swipe on a bright lip and instantly feel pulled together.

--Chips, queso and a marg with my best friends. And gossip. Lots of it. 

--When my nails have dried completely and there is not a smudge to be found.

Another thing that makes me truly happy....something you see on the hanger at a store that is just so incredible that you just have to have it or you know you will just die. You appreciate the art like way it hangs, or the way the store has styled in on the mannequin and you just sit back and say...I would hang out with that girl. 

Then the panic sets in, you want to try it on but what if it doesn't look like what you thought and your dreams will be crushed. That is how it was for me with this peplum. I about died right there in Anthropologie when I laid my eyeballs on it. I grabbed a small and headed to the dressing room. It was perfect for that St. Patrick's Day statement top. When I got in the dressing room, however, the gal crushed my spirit for a minute. She said it runs huge, and the girl in the dressing room next to me had the extra small. With the giant top on, I had to wait impatiently for the other girl to get there and try it on. Thankfully, the St. Patty's Day gods were shining down on me and it became MINE!

Sometimes you gotta be a bit pushy and go after what you want. Especially when the peplum literally stands on its own and does not move. That is called the jackpot ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment