September 14, 2014

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie

Blueberry muffins are a weakness. I really can't resist one when they come right out of the oven and make the whole house (or apartment in our case) smell like baked-good-heaven. Usually though, blueberry muffins are packed with sugar and butter, and they really aren't the best breakfast option. So, in an effort to stop my muffin craving this week, I found a recipe from Iowa Girl Eats for a blueberry muffin smoothie. Y'all. It was exactly what I wanted. Filling with the just right amount of sweetness.

Here you go! Bam, breakfast (or mid-morning, afternoon or late-night snack) is done.



1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 individual-sized container of vanilla Greek yogurt (my favorite is Yoplait's vanilla Greek yogurt or Trader Joe's honey flavor)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana (the more ripe the better)
1/2 cup ice
1/4 cup raw uncooked oats
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest

Blend all ingredients together in a blender. I usually start with the ice, frozen blueberries, milk and yogurt and then add in the rest. For an extra touch, top off your smoothie with chia seeds for a little spike in protein. Delish!



No comments:

Post a Comment