September 28, 2014

Happy Sunday (with a side of chai tea latte)

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! We are cozying up in our apartment and relaxing the day away, relishing every last bit of our precious Sunday. The past few weeks have been nothing but hurry and scurry for both of us, so it's nice to have a weekend to well, not do much at all.

I whipped up this chai tea latte yesterday evening, and I have to say it's pretty delicious (and a perfect weekend treat). With a pop of caffeine, this latte does the trick before or after a workout - there's not much I love more on the weekends than a great yoga class and a spicy chai latte. I'm a sucker for a Starbucks chai, but sometimes I don't want to throw out $4 for a drink. For a simple, hardly-any ingredient knock-off here you go!



Concentrate:

4 cups water
4-6 chai tea bags
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

The Latte:

Mix 1/2 cup of chai tea concentrate with 1/2 cup milk. You can spice yours up a bit with some cinnamon on top and substitute regular milk for almond milk (like I did). This recipe will definitely give you extra, so store in your fridge and make for an afternoon pick-me-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment