September 17, 2014

Homemade Granola Recipe


A couple weekends ago, Katie brought you her recipe for a yogurt and granola parfait (one of my favorite morning meals as well!). Today, I'm bringing you my homemade granola recipe that I love to toss in the oven and eat on the weekends. It's much better than the store-bought stuff, and combined with Katie's recipe - it's an amazing combo! Making it myself is part of an effort of mine to eat clean and know what ingredients are going into my body. Without all the added sugar and artificial ingredients, this granola still tastes amazing and is a sweet treat to go along with your morning coffee. It's also perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up.

I love my granola with almond milk and one-half of a sliced banana (or strawberries, when they're in season) on top. Feel free to add whatever nuts or fruit you desire to this recipe - in my case, I just used what's in my pantry!



Ingredients:

3 cups whole-grain oats (not quick oats)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 sliced or chopped almonds


Directions:

Melt coconut oil and honey.

Add oats and almonds and stir until coated evenly.

Spread into a thin layer on a baking sheet.

Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes.


Oven temps can vary, so I make sure I check on my granola about every 10 minutes so it doesn't burn! I do like mine more on the crunchy side though, so I lean toward the 35 minute mark.

2 comments:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete