September 27, 2014

Plum Lips

Although it's hard to say goodbye to my bright coral and pink lipsticks and sheer lip balms, it's exciting to change things up a bit with deeper and darker colors for fall. At my job, our style editors have been going crazy over purple shades this season, and I couldn't agree more. A sweep of highly pigmented plum on your lips makes such an impact and a statement - and I'm definitely on board.

Here's a few brands and shades I'm craving to stash in my makeup bag:

Tom Ford Lip Color in Bruised Plum



This is a brand new shade of Tom Ford that came out this month. Even the packaging makes my heart skip a beat. The rich color would look gorgeous for special occasions and nights out. I'm dreaming of wearing this color with a fur vest, black jeans and tall black boots. Stunning. This little guy is on my wishlist.


Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Live Large




I've always been a big fan of Bare Minerals foundation, and their lip color products have my heart as well. They're great for everyday wear and stashing in your work bag. Bare Minerals also offers a deeper purple color, but I love the more muted, pink-ish tone of this one.


Mac Rebel



Mac's lipsticks are tried and true, and you really can't go wrong with this shade. I love the hint of shimmer and bright pop of color. This will leave your lips shiny and provide a glam look, but without it being too much.


L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Persistent Plum


If you want to try out plum color this season but don't want to break the bank, turn to L'Oreal. I have a few L'Oreal lipsticks I have been wearing for years, and they are wonderful when you want to experiment with color. 

NARS Volga



This dark berry shade has a matte, long-lasting finish. The color is dramatic and not for the faint of heart. If you're looking for a rich, more reddish-plum color that will last for hours, this is it.


Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Mulberry



I'm more attracted to brighter shades, so I love the color of this lipstick. All of Bite's products are made from pure ingredients and provide hydrating color. I can't wait to try out more shades from this brand!

We would love to hear, do you have any other fall beauty trends you're excited to test out?


No comments:

Post a Comment